Sun Brilliance Plans upsized 100 MW Solar Farm in Western Australia

30 Aug 26 Aug, 2016


Western Australia (WA) is set to welcome a new, 100 MW solar PV plant near Cunderdin, east of Perth, after local solar power systems integrator Sun Brilliance is able to secure 165 hectares of land for the project. The solar energy produced will be sold in Australia’s wholesale energy market through a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). Investment in the plant is at an advanced stage, with project partners thrashing out final negotiations with several investors for 30% equity investment. Several lenders are also in talks regarding the remaining 70%. Financial closure is expected by December, with the company hoping to have all regulatory approvals signed off by January, which is when construction is scheduled to begin. The developer is targeting a July 2017 operational date.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *